Friday, April 2, 2010

Side Covers for my 750K


Ive been struggling to find a nice set of side covers for my bike. The previous owner used some cracked ones and tried to repair them the best he could but it just wasn't up to par. I wanted to take what I had and smooth them over with bondo, prime and paint. After 40 mins wet sanding just one side cover, I decided to look for other options. Lucky for me someone molds replacements that have the smooth look that I was looking for. (www.maier-mfg.com) They aren't expensive at all and the old plastic tabs are replaced with actual bolt on hardware. I thought this would be way better for longevity.
I was having some trouble finding ones online that weren't too expensive but not too beat up either. Even non-cracked originals that are in good shape go for over $60 on ebay, and that was just one side. I figured this was a very nice alternative. The staff was very nice and they had both side covers in stock. They shipped out yesterday. I can not wait to see how they look. E

No comments:

Post a Comment